Summary: Reporting to Miller Cement Dispatch Supervisor, the dispatcher’s responsibilities include; management and accountability of the GPS-dispatching software system, order receiving-entry and schedule driver & broker load dispatching. Generate, manage and maintain reports and distribution, including SharePoint. Manage payroll and driver’s hours of service. Management of JHA’s and DVI compliance.
The Dispatcher’s responsibility also ensures a full back up of the Dispatching Supervisor’s role and assumes these additional tasks in the absence of the Dispatch Supervisor.
• Manage Dispatching software system. Accountable for regular maintenance and updates for HAUL IT/ TRACK IT. Receive orders from customers and keep them informed on status of dispatch.
• Resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner
• Establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading time. Process order entry & track scheduling through GPS verification.
• Receive daily Bills of Lading (BOL) from drivers and enter into SharePoint system.
• Resolve scheduling or other discrepancies that may arise
• Monitor daily driver work logs and ensure charge codes are correct for accurate payroll processing
• Generate and manage all scheduled reports, such as, sales, safety operational ect.
• Ensure completion and compliance of the daily Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) & DVI.
• Attend the quarterly JHSC meetings, record minutes and ensure that they are posted on designated safety boards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior customer service skills are needed since there is regular interaction with Transport Canada, customers and drivers
• Proficiency with MS Office suite including Word and Excel and superior data entry skills
• Ability to manage stress and multitask in a fast paced environment
• Safety orientation is important along with working knowledge of OHSA
• Mechanical inclination is required to monitor plant repairs, test systems etc.
• Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, work at heights and climb ladders in a work environment that includes dust and noise
• High school degree or equivalent
• Previous experience in a dispatch position. Experience in construction industry preferred
For more information please contact [email protected]