ACI Ontario Chapter with assistance from Concrete Ontario is sponsoring this one-day certification examination session.
A Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge of and ability to properly perform five standard test methods and practices on self-consolidating concrete.
Scope and Knowledge:
This program assesses proficiency in the following ASTM test methods and practices:
- C1610/C1610M—Static Segregation of Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Column Technique
- C1611/C1611M—Slump Flow of Self-Consolidating Concrete
- C1621/C1621M—Passing Ability of Self-Consolidating Concrete by J-Ring
- C1712—Rapid Assessment of Static Segregation Resistance of Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Penetration Test
- C1758/C1758M—Fabricating Test Specimens with Self-Consolidating Concrete
The full program information can be accessed here.
We encourage all participants to come prepared and having prior testing knowledge and experience.
The written portion of this exam will be hosted at the Best Western, Milton. The practical session will be hosted at Miller Concrete – Acton Plant. Please note that host venues Health & Safety policies must be respected at all times.
Registration limited to 15 participants. Last day to register is Thursday, April 20th, 2023
All testing equipment will be provided for the performance exam.
If any accommodations are needed by a participant to complete either the written or performance exam, please notify Concrete Ontario at the time of registration. Accommodations are only provided if the examinee makes the request prior to the exam date. To qualify, the participant will need to submit a doctors note stating the reason and need for the specific accommodations.
Test accommodations include (but are not limited to):
- Assistive personnel
- Additional testing time
- Break time
Your enrollment fee includes:
- 1 Workbook (couriered upon receipt of registration & payment)
- 1 Written Exam
- 1 Practical Exam
PLEASE STUDY THE WORKBOOK PRIOR TO THE COURSE! YOU MUST COME PREPARED FOR THE EXAM!
For more information, please contact Alen Keri, P.Eng. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPE REQUIREMENTS – Safety Boots, Eye Protection, Hardhat, Safety Vest, Gloves and Jeans