Wednesday, March 18, 2020
ACI Ontario Chapter with assistance from Concrete Ontario is sponsoring this one-day in-depth course and examination.
A Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge of and ability to properly perform five standard test methods and practices on self-consolidating concrete.
Scope and Knowledge:
This program assesses proficiency in the following ASTM test methods and practices:
- C1610/C1610M—Static Segregation of Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Column Technique
- C1611/C1611M—Slump Flow of Self-Consolidating Concrete
- C1621/C1621M—Passing Ability of Self-Consolidating Concrete by J-Ring
- C1712—Rapid Assessment of Static Segregation Resistance of Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Penetration Test
- C1758/C1758M—Fabricating Test Specimens with Self-Consolidating Concrete
Your enrollment fee includes:
- 1 Workbook (couriered upon receipt of registration & payment)
- 1 Practical Exam (To be completed at Miller Concrete in Acton)
- 1 Written Exam
- Complimentary Membership to ACI Ontario Chapter
WORKBOOKS WILL BE COURIERED TO YOU UPON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT.
PLEASE STUDY THE WORKBOOK PRIOR TO THE COURSE! YOU MUST COME PREPARED FOR THE EXAM!
|8:00am||8:30am||Registration and Introduction|
|10:00am||11:30pm||Practice Performance Tests (Miller Concrete Halton, ON-7, Limhouse, L0P 1H0)|
|1:30pm||4:00pm||Performance Exam (Miller Concrete)|
ASTM C1610: Standard Test Method for Static Segregation of SCC Using Column Technique
ASTM C1611: Standard Test Method for Slump Flow of SCC
ASTM C 1621: Standard Test Method for Passing Ability of SCC by J-Ring
ASTM C1712: Standard Test Method for Rapid Assessment of Static Segregation Resistance of SCC Using Penetration Test
ASTM C1758: Standard Test Method for Fabrication of a Test Specimen with SCC
Registration is Closed. The next ACI SCC course and exam will be on May 14, 2020