Concrete Ontario's 60th Annual Convention
It is amazing how time flies by as we look forward to celebrating Concrete Ontario’s 60th Anniversary at our Annual Convention in March of 2020. The theme is aptly named “Foundations” because concrete is the foundation of so many of the iconic structures built in the province of Ontario over the last 60 years. Please consider joining us March 26-27, 2020, as we celebrate our Diamond Anniversary by looking back at 60 years of Concrete Ontario and concrete construction in the province!
Our Convenor Andy Unger, along with his Committee, Chris McColl, Steve Gobbatto, Ryan Bisson, Harpreet Singh, Andy Wallgren, and Robert Zanetti, would like to welcome all Concrete Ontario Active and Associate Members to attend and get ready for an action-packed Convention, as we begin with Thursday Registration at 11:00 am and finish with the Friday night Blue Jays game for Home Opener Weekend. Once you review the Convention program we are sure you will see that there is a wide range of industry topics and speakers that will make this a truly productive and memorable Convention for everyone.View the Convention Convention Program
For additional information please contact Janelle Emanuel 905-564-6878 or [email protected]
Location: Delta Marriott Hotel, 75 Lower Simcoe St., Toronto ON, M5J 3A6
Please note: Hotel Check-in is at 3:00 PM and Check-out is at 12:00 PM
Reservations for the event must be made directly through the Delta Marriott.
Click here for room block reservations or Call to book your reservation at 416-849-1200
Last Day to Book: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Hotel room rates are subject to all applicable tax and fees, currently 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) and 4% Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT) + 13%. (All tax and fees are subject to change without notice. All rates and pricing are quoted and payable in Canadian funds.)
HOTEL & GUEST ROOM FEATURES
- Vibrant décor, plush bedding, “smart” desks and complimentary Wi-Fi in every hotel room
- Additional hotel amenities include room service, an indoor pool and fitness centre for guests
- Connected to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the hotel positions you to easily explore the CN Tower, Scotiabank Arena, Ripley’s Aquarium and the Rogers Centre
Room Cancellation Policy
Guests can contact the hotel directly and cancel their room booking up to 48hrs prior to arrival.
- Valet parking, fee: 55 CAD daily
- On-site parking, fee: 45 CAD daily
Garage height clearance is 2 meters / In and out privileges are included in valet parking fee
- Lou Schizas, Financial Analyst
- Dr. Karyn Gordon, Leadership and Relationship Expert/Maximizing Performance
- Paul Radkowski, BA Psych, MTS(PC), OACCPP, CEO/Clinical Director- Life Recovery Program
Thursday, March 26th
- Ontario Infrastructure Updates | (invitation sent to) Hon. Caroline Mulroney
- Economic Outlook for the Ontario Marketplace | Lou Schizas
- Safety Recognition Program – Awards Presentation | Concrete Ontario Safety Committee
- The Advantages of Municipal Concrete Pavements | Michael Becke, City of Hamilton
- Recruiting, Training and Engaging Ready Mixed Drivers – Panel Discussion | Anna Gordon – Focused Ambition, Kim Richardson – Truck Training Schools Association of Ontario Inc., Shelley Uvanile-Hesch – Women’s Trucking Federation of Canada
Friday, March 27th
- Concrete Industry Updates | Bart Kanters, Alen Keri
- Effectively Implementing Architectural Concrete | Pat DiPaolo, UCC Group
- Understanding and Motivating Generation Y | Dr.Karyn Gordon
- Zero Carbon Building Standards | John Straube, University of Waterloo
- NRMCA Build with Strength & Government Outreach | John Loyer, NRMCA
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Workplace | Paul Radkowski
- Concrete Industry Partner Initiatives | Bart Kanters, Martha Murray
Eaton Centre Shopping Trip | Thursday, March 26 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Shop til you drop at the Toronto Eaton Centre! A coach bus will pick you up outside of the Delta Hotel and drive you straight to one of the best shopping experiences that the city has to offer. Home to over 250+ best in class retailers, restaurants and services, the Eaton Centre has something for everyone
PATH Walking Tour | Friday, March 27 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm (limited spots available)
Toronto’s PATH system is a underground network of pedestrian walkways connecting 70 buildings within the downtown core. The PATH – is over 30 kilometres in length and contains over 1300 stores, 7 hotels, and 6 subway stations. Each workday over 250,000 workers in the city core use the PATH system to get around the downtown core without ever stepping outside. On your tour, you will see many of the ‘must see’ sights in the city, and you will get to each of the sights by using the PATH system.
Thursday, March 26: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Friday, March 27: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
You will receive your name badge once you’ve registered on site. It is very important you wear it for the duration of the Convention as we may not be the only group in the hotel.
If you or your companion have any food allergies, please email Concrete Ontario at [email protected] prior to the Convention.
Cancellations must be requested in writing via email, fax or Canada Post to Concrete Ontario. Cancellations received by March 13, 2020, will receive a full refund minus a 20% administration fee. There will be absolutely no refunds after March 13, 2020. If an attendee is unable to attend, payment is still due but a substitution can be made. Credit will not be given for late arrival or unattended events.