Field Testing Checklist User Guide
The launch of the Concrete Ontario Field Testing Checklist is in response to numerous concerns raised by members about inadequate concrete sampling and testing on various job sites. With the support from both CCIL and ACI International, Concrete Ontario is pleased to roll out this new initiative to ensure that all necessary procedures related to concrete cylinders are strictly followed and that test results will be representative of the in-spec concrete that was delivered to the site. This checklist can be distributed to QC personnel, ready-mix truck drivers or supervisors as an essential tool to document and/or report in the event of poor concrete sampling and/or testing on job sites.
- Distribute copies of the checklist to QC personnel and/or ready-mix drivers
- Fill out the checklist
- Scan or make a copy of both the front and the back of the checklist and send to the QC/Driver supervisor.
- Send or provide a copy of the checklist to the project site supervisor for comment about the identified issues
- Identify the inadequate concrete sampling and/or testing procedure(s)
- Fill in the Date
- Write down the Project Name or Location and the Tester/ Lab name
- Circle the Issue(s) identified on the front
- Write down all issue(s) observed in the Notes section. Pictures and videos can be taken as additional information.
DISCLAIMER: The provided steps for the usage of the checklist are entirely optional for members. Members are encouraged to tailor the steps of the checklist to suit their operation, as well as to ensure efficiency and to minimize liability through its use.